Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I hate this topic.

All my life I've been raised to believe a certain religion. All my life I've known about other religions, but my parents always made them out to be "bad". All my life I've known I was different than what my religion portrays. It started at a young age actually. I once pierced my septum, gauged my ears to a 2, pierced my own cartilage when I was way young, and other various things that probably wouldn't be the best if read by the wrong eyes. I don't know what made me have such an opened mind. It's probably due to the fact that I think way to much for my own good. Maybe it's due to the wide variety of friends that have helped me see different perspectives. I don't know... I've just been thinking a lot. My lovely Mother sent me literally a 10 page lecture on my Facebook. I'd post it on here, but I don't expect you to read it, because I sure didn't. I read the first paragraph and it got really repetitious and naggy, all due to the mere and utter fact that I pierced my nose, really?.... Yes! I guess ultimately what I'm trying to complain about is... Does this make me a bad person like my family makes me out to be? Let me lay this out for you in a different perspective. I work in a nursing home setting, and from there you can tell from the start who the individuals are who are sincerely kind and who are complete douche bags to put it kindly. Anyway, I've met more kindhearted people that aren't in this religious mold, that would literally and wholeheartedly be happy to help. Then, there are the "religious" people. (I'm not going to single anyone out here). They gossip like it's going out of style and try to pon their job off to other people. Well, I seriously could go on and on about this somewhat aimless topic. But I'll stop here.


I guess I'll leave you with this last piece of thought that has been on my mind. Do you do good things because you want to do good things? Or do you do good things because you are told to do good things? I hate how religion "pushes" you to be a good person. You should want to be a good person for yourself and for everyone around you, not because someone tells you to be. Now, don't get me wrong it's a good thing I think to have a reminder I guess. Hm, I don't know where I'm going with this. So, I'll just stop again before I confuse myself and or others more. Glad I got this off my mind a little. Now, hopefully my Mom doesn't see this. Or I'll be getting a 20 page lecture via Facebook, sweeeeeeet.



Human beings are funny. They long to be with the person they love but refuse to admit openly. Some are afraid to show even the slightest sign of affection because of fear. Fear that their feelings may not be recognized, or even worst, returned. But one thing about human beings puzzles me the most is their conscious effort to be connected with the object of their affection even if it kills them slowly within.
Sigmund Freud

I need a vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment